Saturday, January 11, 2014

Four hundredth post!

I cannot believe that this is my 400th post! I was editing the last post and suddenly realized that it was my 399th one. Wow! what a long journey it has been.
Today's post is not about travel. It is about an FO. I finally finished Viajante! It is so lovely to wear that I haven't taken it off except when I went out. It is the perfect shawl to wear around the house in the winter because it doesn't fall off.
It can be worn as a triangular shawl and it is extremely warm as it is a double layer of fabric in this mode.

But it can also be worn over the neck and this is the mode that I love. It just stays put.
If you want your arms free, you can just toss the triangle point over one shoulder. It can also hang down out of the way.
As a reminder, since this has been so long in the knitting, it was knit out of fingering weight mink yarn that I bought here in China in the summer. You can see the details of the yarn and its purchase here.
I started with 500 gms of yarn and I have 4 left. I could probably have knitted a couple of rounds more but I knew I needed a loose bind-off. I didn't want to either get stressed out because I was running close to the end or run out and have to unknit back. The actual bind off took me over 2 hours as I had hundreds of sts on the needles - maybe even a thousand or more. So unknitting a round was not something I wanted to do. I have done it on partial rounds because I messed up the pattern, so I knew I didn't want to do it for an entire round.
I am very happy with this project. It was a lot of knitting but most of it was easy. The only problem was that it became rather bulky travel knitting as it grew. Oh well.
And now onward with more posts coming up! This week was very busy at work and I didn't have time to write. I hope to write some more posts this week. Thank you for traveling this road with me!

No comments: