Saturday, March 14, 2009

Finally! lace sock photos

I finally took the camera to the yarn store and photographed the socks. They seem a bit stretched out but will fix themselves when I wear them because they will stretch width-wise and that will shrink them lengthwise.
Detail of the stitch pattern. It is a very pretty stitch pattern and very easy.

Thank you for all the tips on straightening cables, both in the blog and via email. I will keep them in mind for the future. I also love the idea of making flex needles from the melted ones. I was going to throw the needles out but I've put them away for future flex needle creation.

I'm sorry I didn't post last week. I somehow completely forgot. There isn't much knitting going on right now but I am determined to start again today. So maybe next week I'll have some more interesting knitting to talk about.

I also want to welcome Roberta to the readership. I met Roberta on the way to Madrona and we hit it off right away. Roberta's blog is A Fiber Frolic and she is a knitter and spinner.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Love your socks! Well worth waiting for a picture.