Sunday, May 2, 2010

More little things

I finished the cafe au lait mitts with some help from Maggie, who gave me the yarn to finish. I was short yarn for the top of the second mitt and thankfully, she had some leftovers in the same natural color. They are wonderfully warm and comfortable. The pattern is very well written and is a great choice for leftover yarn.
Unfortunately, even putting them on to photograph made my hand warm. I will be looking forward to the fall to get use out of them.
I started the Skew socks from Knitty in a Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock yarn that I had on hand. I think this will create subtle swirls of color rather than the more graphic swirls that are in the original pattern. The color is called Irving Park.
As you can see, I am still on a small things kick. Next I need to start something more substantial, I think.

No comments: