Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The silence is over!

Sorry for the long silence. I was off on a business trip to far-off lands. Of course they had internet access there but the only camera I had was my iPad camera. I knitted half a Citron and ripped it out because I dropped a few sts and for some reason, couldn't fix it without a huge hole. I started to just rip out a section but ended up ripping it all out as I wasn't happy with it.

Then I knitted a Daybreak shawl. I will post pics after I weave in ends and block. I also have knitted half a Timantti. Pics are forthcoming in the next post. Yes, I know I owe you a lot of information but since I'll be home for the near future, there is plenty of time to catch up.

In the meantime I thought I'd share a picture of my bed in one of the hotels. I came back after a client meeting/dinner at about 11:30 pm to find this! Yes, those are orchids on the bed. The tray just contains the laundry bag and the breakfast menu. Don't miss the mat and slippers on the side of the bed. There was another set on the other side. I was so tired that I was about to shove it all aside and get into bed but then I thought I should share.

I put the flowers on the tray, moved the slippers/mat on my side of the bed, changed into pajamas and crashed. Despite the elegant arrangement, I much prefer my bed at home - without turn-down, flowers or a clean mat and slippers.

No comments: