Thursday, July 5, 2012

Tour de Fleece Day 6

Today I needed a break from spindling so I spun some lovely pink Blue-Faced Leicester from Miss Babs.
On another note, I think I am going to rip out the sock I started. It will be easier for the class to do it top down and the instructions are rather terse. So I will have to rewrite portions of it anyway.

Fortunately it is only an evening or two's worth of effort that will have to be redone.

I also took advantage of my day off to do some dyeing. I am not done with this skein. I want to tie off the brightly colored sections with cotton twine and then dye it with a grey or a black. The cotton twine will act as a resist and prevent the colored sections from being overdyed by the grey or black dye.
 The colors make me happy... Some more than others.

Also, to answer a question on one of the comments: No, I don't have a shawl picked out for the Polwarth. Any ideas? I have about 800 yards.

No comments: