Sunday, May 24, 2009

Happy, happy, joy, joy!

We had a really cold day last Monday, frost warning at night and all. Yes, in May! So I took the opportunity to wear and test out my new sweater. I think I'm in love. It was well worth the ripping and re-doing. The final result is a lightweight, warm and extremely wearable layer that will be very versatile. It also fits quite well despite the lack of waist shaping.

I used up almost all the yarn. I have the swatch and a few bits left. So I think I succeeded in my goal - to use up all the yarn and create a nice looking and fitting sweater.

I haven't been knitting much all week. But I started last night to finish up the modular sweater. It is very boring knitting. The reverse stockinette in the sweater above was boring but required no thinking at all. The modular sweater does require some focus but not enough to occupy the mind. The only good thing about it is that it moves along at a fast pace. I hope to have the body done by next weekend.

Thank you for the compliments on the sweater. I am very happy with it and yes, I got the vertical lines I wanted (sorta) and it was worth the 3 attempts. It is going to be a go-to sweater in the coming winter.

I have a question for all of you: how do you store your sweaters? I started off with boxes but I've overflowed them and now they are all squashed (folded and squashed) into the shelves. I think I need another system. So your solutions are really needed to help me get some ideas. Thanks!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Glad you love your new sweater!

When I was growing up, sweaters were folded in dresser drawers. Currently mine are folded on a clothes closet shelf because there's not enough room in the closet for a sweater bag ...and my cedar chests have wool in them. I need another solution, too! Hope some has a really good one that work for me, too!

A Fiber Frolic said...

I really like the way the variegated colors move through the sweater. Nice.

Roberta

Amy said...

It's beautiful...love the way the colors blend in!