Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Gansey Saga, Part III

Progress is slow but sure. It is getting heavy and hot but I like the way it looks. I think I am going to make plain sleeves because otherwise it will be a very heavy sweater. I like the Jo Sharp Silkroad Aran yarn a lot. It feels almost cotton-y. Very soft and yet seems durable. I am about half way to the shoulder. I am sorry that I took this photo on the carpet. There is not enough contrast between the background and the sweater but I think you can see it.

This was a good mail week. Colourmart UK had a good deal on some yarns. All their yarns are good deals so this was an even better deal. 3 cones worth of yarn for the price of 2. So I bought 3 cones of linen/silk spun up to a heavy DK. From left to right, they are dark lime, turquoise and dark purple. The purple is very cool. It is like a shot color - with tones of magenta and purple. The others are solids. The colors came out quite true in this photo.
I think I'm in a color rut. After buying this yarn, I realized I had some Cheryl Oberle chartreuse laceweight in alpaca, and a denim and a purple in Joslyn Fiber Farm's Shine which is a wool/silk. Very similar in color to these. You would think I'd be knitting lace with all this laceweight yarn!

I also received my copy of Knitted Gifts. It is a very nice book. There are a few things I want to make from it - something I rarely think when I get a new book. I tried to take some photos to share but the flash is causing a reflection and it is too dark to take photos without a flash right now. So that will have to wait till the weekend. Maybe the next post will be devoted to my plans from Knitted Gifts. Back to the gansey for now.

No comments: