Sunday, January 3, 2010

Mindless simple knit

I started a simple scarf while I was traveling. The key criterion was that I needed to be able to memorize the pattern as I didn't want to pay to print it in the hotel. 22.5 degrees by Martina Behm fit the bill perfectly. The most important thing about this particular scarf is the yarn. It is a cashmere blend from the Woolen Rabbit and it is yummy to knit with and will be yummy to wear.

It is slow going now as there are a lot of stitches on the needles. The scarf is knit from the center back down and finished with a very lovely row of scallops. But I'm not there yet.
Here is a close-up of the fabric. The garter st blends the colors and it is soft and cuddly.
I am enjoying knitting this but I have to admit that I'm bored so I only knit it when I need something mindless e.g. at a New Year's Eve party.

No comments: