Saturday, August 4, 2012

Eye candy

 I promised you pictures of the books I bought at Camp. I was very selective this year. I had already decided to buy one book before I went there. The other two, though, leaped into my hands. That is my story and I'm sticking to it.
The Haapsalu scarf book is a complement to the Haapsalu shawl book. In Estonia, a scarf is a square shawl. This book is devoted to the square shawl and it is just beautiful - both in content and eye-candy.
 It was photos of shawls like these that made me buy the book! How could I resist such beauty?
 Another impulsive purchase was this Anna Zilboorg book. It has been out of print for a long time so when I discovered it had been re-printed, I had to buy it. It has very unique sock designs in it.
There are cables,
 whimsical designs,
 colorwork,
 and more texture. What's not to love?
 This is the book I went there with the intention of buying. This book contains all the technical information from Sweaters From Camp, which is now out of print. If you want to do stranded colorwork, this is the must-have book for you.
Last, but not least, here is my lovely scarlet skein. It is all plied and finished. I am quite proud of it. It is a 3 ply that is sock weight. I plan to combine it with some sock yarn and make a pair of socks. There isn't quite enough here for a pair.

No comments: