Thursday, September 4, 2014

Re-adjusting

On Tuesday, when I was cooking, I had to stop and think about where we keep the colanders. For a few minutes I was completely confused. Then it came back. I've had a few moments like that when my mind has been on something else and I am working from habit. It is very strange to be acclimatizing to one's own kitchen!

The other thing I've noticed is time. I work with people all over the world. i am used to Europe being 6 hours after me, not before. So trying to figure out when to schedule a meeting with a colleague in Germany took 3 tries! It didn't help that my calendar still thinks my home is in China though my local time is here. I don't know why it does that.

But it is nice to have fast internet, to not have to worry about turning on VPNs to check personal mail and to actually watch TV without mismatches between the video and the audio - which happens quite frequently in China. You have to change channels and then change back to get it sync'd up again.


No comments: