Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Knitting, knitting, knitting

I've been sneaking in bits of knitting all through the week. When I'm up due to jetlag, when I'm waiting 10 mins to meet someone downstairs, when I'm staying awake late at night having teleconferences with the US, etc. but not on planes so far. That might change on the return flight which is a daytime one. Small bits of knitting time add up. I am reminded of a hymn I learned in elementary school:
Little drops of water, little grains of sand,
Make the mighty ocean and the beauteous land,
And the little moments, humble though they be,
Make the mighty ages of eternity.

Paraphrased:
Little bits of time, picked up here and there,
Add up into hours without too much care,
And the little stitches, one by one by one,
Result in completion of my knitted wear

Yeah, I know, I'm not much of a poet.

It is odd how the internet behaves differently in different countries. Google finds you local pages, you get the locally customized sites for many companies which are different from the ones you are used to. Even Blogger's sign in is different.

I am almost done with one of the fronts on the Vogue cardigan. I have to take out a repeat in the back as it is too wide. I hope to finish the other front and the back and start doing the lace part on the yoke on the flight home. Pictures to come when the camera comes back home this weekend.

Last time I traveled here, I was listening and reviewing knitting podcasts. I've completely given up on those for now. On this trip I've listened to NPR exclusively so far: On Health, Kitchen Window, This American Life, and so on. I've also downloaded a Spanish language teaching podcast just for kicks. Let's see how I like it.

No comments: