Saturday, July 5, 2008

Why do some projects strike our fancy?

I made some progress on the VK Sideways Cardigan while I was traveling. However, I didn't do much during the week. My camera is back so I have some pictures to share, though.That is the back. All done. It is pretty after it is completed.Here's the front, partially done. I have to start the neck decreases. It should go fast but I have to sit down and concentrate to deal with the chart and the pattern. Then I have to do the yoke on the other front and sew it all together. I am going to do a round of single crochet around all the edges to make them neater.

I didn't post last weekend as I got back late on Friday, had a lot of catch-up to do around the house on Sat and went to visit family on Sunday. It has been hectic.

For some reason, I am having a lot of trouble motivating myself to work on this sweater. Why is that? Isn't knitting, knitting? Yet, there are some projects I love working on - Bohus sweater for example - even in the boring parts. Here is a project that isn't all that boring. It is very quick but for some reason it hasn't caught my fancy and I don't want to work on it. I'm sure I'll love it when it is done. I like the way it looks and feels. But I don't like knitting on it. Why is that?This weed is what I am going to be pulling out of my garden today. It has taken over the north side bed of my yard and I need to eradicate it. Shallow roots, spreads by runners. Sort of pretty but very invasive.

I have a podcast recommendation, Wait Wait Don't Tell Me. Very funny and informative.

No comments: