Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Delinquent yet again

I'm late with this again. I had good intentions. I wanted to take a photo of my finished Clapotis in daylight and add it to this post but that hasn't happened. I don't know where the weekend went and it is difficult to find time to photograph in daylight during the week. I leave in a hurry in the morning and it is dark by the time I get home at night.

The good news is that it is finished and just in time for the cold weather that descended upon us on Friday. The bad news is that my winter jacket is busted. The zipper is not functional. It opens up. At one point in my life, I would have undertaken replacing the zipper. Not any more. I will look for a new jacket soon.

I have been charting my Latvian mitten pattern and planning out the color placement. Originally I was going to use 3 colors and selected a pattern that was executed in three colors. But after a few days of pondering the colors and where each one goes, I decided to add a fourth today. In artificial light, they look good together. I have them in my bedroom to inspect in daylight in the morning. If all goes well, I will cast on tomorrow.

I will post with photos this weekend.

No comments: