Monday, February 9, 2009

Madrona, here we come!

I'm sorry! I made a mistake and took the completed socks to the yarn store without taking their portraits. So while I finished the socks, I have nothing to show you. I promise I will photograph them and post the photo the next time I go the yarn store. They are for a sock knit-along so I wanted to get them there as a sample.

In the meantime, I've been getting ready for the Madrona Fiber Arts Winter Retreat. It starts this Thursday and runs through Sunday in Tacoma. Last year was my first year and I had such a good time that I decided to go back.

First, I had to find a way to transport my spindle because I am hoping to practice my spindling when I am there. There are lots of superb spinners there and I need help desperately. After much searching, I found this tin at the local wine store. It is cute.
It makes a good spindle transporter because there is room to package the spindle in bubble wrap and it is rigid.
This is my spindle with the pathetic amount of yarn I have spun on it over a couple of years. It is a lovely Bosworth spindle that feels gorgeous so I want to spin some more on those days when I am brain dead and can't knit.

I am taking a weaving class and this is the yarn I've put together for the class. They are all laceweight singles from Morehouse Merino. I have to finish winding the remaining skeins tonight before I pack.

The other class I'm taking is from Feral Knitter who is an amazing fair-isle designer. She is going to teach us how to pick colors for fair-isle. One of her designs is in Sweaters From Camp and I've seen her lovely designs at Knitting Camp each summer.

No comments: