Monday, April 23, 2012

Pansies!

I knew there was something about the colors I dyed that I was missing. There was a reason I liked them together and yet I couldn't put my finger on it. Until I was walking out of the farmer's market yesterday. There were flats of pansies for sale at the entrance and then it hit me! Remember the light bulb that goes off above the character's head in cartoons? That was what it was like. The reason I love these colors and associate them with spring is because pansies bring these together in the spring!

So my new shawl is now named Pansies.
You can see all four colors above.  Don't they remind you of pansies?
This one shows the shawl a little better. It is the Vernal Equinox shawl by Lankakomero. I am going to skip Clue 5, I think because I ran out of the green earlier than I expected. I know I can dye more violet so I may decide to do all of it. Clue 5 is the third pattern from the bottom in the link to the pattern above.

I also blocked the Color Affection shawl. It is looking really lovely. I love the colors.

It is longer than I expected because trying to make it deeper also made it longer. That is OK. It will wrap around my shoulders without falling off. 

No comments: