Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Tweaked the colors a little

I played with the colors on the chartreuse and the magenta a little but I think you are going to have trouble seeing the difference. It seems so obvious to me as I look at the yarn but the before and after photos look almost the same.

Before:
After: I glazed the green with a bit more yellow to make it more chartreuse. Glazing is a process where you overdye with a weak dye solution. I glazed the magenta with a some more pink and red and then again with a brighter orange-red.
You can see that it is now right between the two options I gave you weeks ago. The glazing process is not very even so there is a lot more depth of color. I am a bit disappointed that I didn't get a brighter magenta but I am pleased with the way the skein looks.
Color Affection is off the needles. It isn't finished or blocked. I have to weave in the ends and block it. I wore it this morning because the room was a bit chilly. I like the way the colors have come together.

I will be winding up the yellow and the chartreuse tonight for the next shawl adventure!

Also, I dressed up the blog in new spring clothes. I hope it works for you. I had to tweak it a little also to make it easier to read both on computer monitors and mobile devices.

No comments: