Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Red Rock Canyon shawl is a FO!

I just bound off the Red Rock Canyon shawl. I don't think I told you that I named the Self Stripe Study shawl. As I was knitting it, I realized that I had seen those colors together before and I had.
This is a photo of Red Rock Canyon, Nevada. And this is my shawl.
Another view.
The shawl is not yet finished. I haven't woven in the 2 ends and blocked it. That will happen in the next few days.

I could have done a couple of rows more, I think but I liked finishing on the dark red and I was afraid I'd run out of yarn. This is what I have left.
The bit on the right is the Sea Pearl and the other two are the Polwarth handspun. I am  happy with the size and the couple of rows won't make a huge difference. I may crochet an edge on it to make the edge a bit more substantial. So I may use the yarn for that. It is too hot to wear it now so that will wait till I actually start using it.

More later... it is time to move on to Tour de Fleece spinning :-)





No comments: