Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Fiber doings

I'm interrupting the travelogue for a quick fiber update.

I started knitting the Turn About Wrap with 4 natural colored alpaca yarns my daughter brought back from Peru. It has been going quite fast so far. If the colors are numbered 1-4 from white to dark brown, I decided to do the center triangles in #1 (white) and #3 (the second darkest brown). Now I am doing the two outer triangles in #2 (lightest brown) and #4 (darkest brown). It looks like chocolate to me!


The colors are not very good in this photo but you can see one of the outer triangles on the right if you look carefully. The colors in the first photo are truer.

I also went back to spinning the red yarn I was working on during the Tour de Fleece. It is all done now. Both sets of singles are completed and I will be plying soon.

Photo from July showing the two braids. The warm one is on the left and the cool one on the right.


First bobbin.


Second bobbin almost completed. It is now done. The remaining fiber is visible in the bottom. The warm red is on top and the cool red below. 

No comments: