Saturday, November 2, 2013

There's been some spinning going on

I pulled out some Cormo/silk to spin and I'm loving it. I had started spinning it on my Kuchulu but I was getting impatient so I decided to start spinning the other single on the Hansen.

I've been making progress slowly but surely. A little bit every night helps.
I had 2 balls of roughly 3 oz each. I am spinning a very fine single. Yes, I know I should measure the wpi. Maybe I will. But I'm just enjoying spinning a fine single and feeling the fiber flow from my hand. I decided to start this as I wanted a pop of color.

I also knit a little every so often on the Viajante. I am up to about 5 1/3 balls and it is getting pretty gigantic. Since the weather is getting cooler here, it isn't too bad having it my lap.

I photographed it on the chair so you can see how big it is.
One of the other reasons I've been making slow but sure progress is that we now get All Sports Network which shows us NFL and NCAA football games in the evenings. They show the games live but those are in the middle of the night here. So it is nice that they rebroadcast the games in our prime time. I like it because I get to watch a game every night. If I don't pay attention to the scores, it is just like watching them live!

I also have been trying to ply on the Swan about 30 mins every day. I haven't made every day but I try to. That is the only way that is going to get done. I just can't do it for longer than that.

That's what I've been up to. Maybe there will be more interesting stuff soon. I am in a hibernate and spin/knit mood. These are comforting and fit the bill.

No comments: