Sunday, November 18, 2012

The cowl is finished!

I have never been more thrilled at finishing a project. After all the false starts, the cowl knitting went smoothly this time and it is done. It is blocking as we speak.

I added beads on the stems of the leaves. There are yo, k1, yo sections in the pattern and I put the bead on the k1 between the yarnovers. 

I need to get some pins and pin out the scallops. They look a little messy with just finger blocking.
I used the Elizabeth Zimmerman sewn bind-off so that it would be nice and stretchy to go over the head. The yarn is Juniper Moon Findley Dappled and it is a lovely yarn. The cowl is soft and very cushy. The ball is very large and this cowl uses a very small part of it. So if you have some leftover, this is a perfect project.

No comments: